Monday, October 2, 2017

Efficiency, Comfort and Environmental stewardship for everyone

Efficiency, Comfort and Environmental stewardship for everyone.

If you are like most people you want to do the most for your comfort while being as efficient as you can.  If you can be green and be a good steward to the environment that would be great too, right?

All too often people associate being  “green” with sacrifice and some level of discomfort. Let me reassure you that there are many levels to which our customers strive to be good stewards to our environment.   It’s all about your personal commitment to our environment in conjunction with your budget.

Take for example a project we recently completed, The Burbech at Beacon Springs. This home as well the owners, Tom and Marti, are the poster children for environmental stewardship. Created out of an abundance of research and a desire to be a flagship of change in the way we build homes, a team was assembled from the design firm, Architectural Resources, the builder, Fireside Home Construction, along with every trade involved in supplying and installing their products.  The result was a home that is essentially invisible to nature. Capable of producing 100% of the electricity it consumes with Solar PV panels, capturing rain water which will be eventually used within the home as a source of potable water (once local codes catch up with technology) and taking care of all waste onsite through composting. This is truly a marvelous project, but admittedly it is not within everyone’s budget to go to these lengths. Visit out project spotlight @ and  for a blog about this home.

So where can you make a difference?  A geothermal system is a great place to start. Let’s take a closer look at Geothermal Heating & Cooling.  According to Energy Star, home heating, cooling, & hot water account for 55% of a home’s energy consumption.  So needless to say we can have the biggest impact on our budgets if we tackle the bigger energy consumers first. Geothermal heating and cooling systems get most of their energy from the earth, in fact, about 70% of the Btu’s needed for heating or cooling a home are absorbed from the earth for free. This leaves you with only needing to purchase 30% of the energy needed to maintain a comfortable home. Since a geothermal system only uses electricity, you can often times eliminate completely, the need for any fossil fuels in your home. Depending on the utility companies that serve your home, you can expect to reduce your heating, cooling and hot water costs by as much as 70%. Click on this link to try out the savings calculator on our website and see how much you could save.

You might now be asking how does a geothermal system have a positive impact on the environment and make us better stewards. For every geothermal system installed, carbon dioxide emissions are reduced.  Each installation is equivalent to removing two cars from the road or planting 1 acre of trees.

Through creative financing, many geothermal installations can be installed with no money down, and most, if not all, of the installation cost can be paid for through your energy savings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Upgrading your heating & cooling system. Does it make Dollars or Sense ??

We often hear it said " if you upgrade your furnace it will pay for itself". Well I am going to contradict that myth in this post....